For more information on workflows and preset configurations, including actions and profiles, please consult the Administration Guide.
The Job Wizard helps ensure that all conventions within an organization are met from tester to tester.
Selecting a workflow
- Click File > New Job.
- The Job Wizard will display with its default workflows.Clicking the desired workflow will load the following screen, while clicking Next
NOTE: The Job Wizard can be set to launch automatically when logging in or resetting the interface by ensuring the Show Job Interface in the Preferences window is checked.
Selecting the Master and Sample
- The Master & Sample Selection screen will appear.
- Click either of the Scan Sample buttons to scan in hard-copy sample files as required or click the Load Sample icon to load digital files.
If needed, rotate the Sample file(s) once selected by clicking the corresponding thumbnail at the bottom left of the file’s thumbnail.
- Use the thumbnail (on non-scanned files) to open the
- Click the PDF Page Box drop-down list to choose between Media Box, Trim Box, or Crop Box selections to automatically crop the file.
- Choose to enable overprint by ensuring the corresponding box is checked.
- Click the eye icon beside the layer(s) and/ or separation(s) to toggle each on or off.
- Click OK to accept.
Scan for Barcodes loads a drop-down menu of the different barcodes contained in the selected Sample. Select the barcode that was assigned as the Job ID, which can alternatively be typed in (in the field of the same name).
The Lot and Product Name meanwhile correspond to the fields of the same names in the Report Options window, which launches to generate a report. Whatever information is entered there then appears as header information in the PDF report that's ultimately generated.
Clicking Next instead lets the user further prepare the files for inspection.
On the Prepare Files screen, use the Marquee Selection tool to select a different region for inspection on the Master.
- Click it, then select on the file the desired region.
- Click on a button below Select the Dieline Color to extract a shape prior to inspection.
- In the case of a multi-page file, selecting a different page from the drop-down list directly below the Marquee Selection tool enables the new one to be displayed (and adjusted).
Clicking Inspect then loads the files in the Master and Sample panels and runs the inspection.
The process follows the same steps as a normal inspection at this point, with the file(s) loaded in the Inspection View.
Consult the Graphics, Barcode, Braille, Text, or Spelling Inspection sections for more information.