Creating a Layout
The Inspection View contains panels that let you review the color inspection results. These panels constitute your layout and can be displayed or hidden as required. Layout customization is ideal for multi-monitor configurations as panels can be placed on separate displays. To view the different layout panels that can be loaded, click
Menu > Layout.
To display/hide the panels:
- Uncheck the panel name in the Layout drop-down menu or click the X in the top-right corner of the panel once it has been loaded to hide it.
- Check the panel name to display it.
To move a given panel:
- Click its title bar, hold down, and shift it to one of the empty areas in the margins of your screen.
To save your layout so that it re-appears as is upon closing and re-opening the Application:
- Click Save Layout.
To reset your layout to the default:
- Click Reset Layout.
The Overview panel displays the original Sample image. The difference that is selected is located at the intersection of the two red lines. To zoom in or out of the Sample image in the Overview panel:
- Slide the button in the middle of the bar accordingly.
Repeats Found Panel
The Repeats found panels lists the number of repeats of the Master image that were found in the Sample file after the inspection has been run.
To navigate between repeats:
- Click the desired number on the list. The selected repeat appears in the Sample panel.
Difference List and Details Panels
The Difference List displays the differences between the Master and Sample images for easy reviewing and proofing. The Difference Details panel lets you assign comments and levels to selected differences and include or exclude them from your report.
To select a difference:
- Click it in the Difference List. It gets highlighted and the ΔE, closest Pantone matches, LAB, CMYK, and RGB values for the same point on the Master and Sample display in the Difference Details panel. The corresponding difference gets highlighted in the Inspection View Sample panel.
NOTE: To view a list of the closest Pantone matches for the same point on the Master and Sample, click the icon beside the ΔE value. The Closest Pantone Matches window displays.
To assign a level to the difference:
- Select a level in the Level drop-down list in either the Difference Details panel or directly beside the difference in the Difference List.
- The color-coded level displays in the Difference List to the right of the difference.
To assign a comment to a difference:
- Select a comment in the Comments drop-down list or type in a custom comment.
- A sticky-note icon displays in the Difference List to the right of the difference, signifying the presence of a comment.
- Click Exclude.
- The difference gets crossed out in the Difference List and the next difference gets selected. To cancel the exclude, select the difference again and click Include (F11).
To navigate to the next difference:
- Click Include,
- Or press the F11 key,
- Or click on the desired difference in the Difference List,
- Or press the DOWN ARROW ¯ key.
- In each case, the difference is included in the report.
To navigate to the previous difference:
- Press the UP ARROW key.
The Inspection View contains the Inspections panel which lists completed inspections. For example, you may run multiple inspections prior to generating the report. The Application lets you rename the inspections and/or exclude them from the report.
To rename the inspection:
- Right-click on the inspection name in the Inspections panel and click Rename.
- Enter the desired name and click OK. The new name displays in the Inspections panel.
To exclude the inspection from the report:
- Right-click on the inspection name in the Inspections panel and click Exclude from report.
- The inspection name gets crossed out in the Inspections panel.
- The Inspection is not included in the next generated report.
Unchecking Master Panel in the Layout drop-down menu hides it from view. The Sample panel takes up the entire Inspection View area as a result. To make the Master re-appear, check it on.