The Cross-out tool can be found at the bottom of the Master and Sample panel:
Cross-out allows you to cross out text to be excluded in the inspection. The text is crossed out in red.
- Click the appropriate Cross-out Text icon in either the Master or Sample panel.
- Click and drag the crosshairs icon that appears as the cursor over the text to be excluded in either the Master or Sample panel.
NOTE: Multiple selections can be made.
To apply a cross-out to different portions of a multi-page file:
- Right-click on the crossed-out text.
- In the “Context” menu that appears, select to apply the cross-out to all pages, odd pages, even pages, or identical text elsewhere in the file.
NOTE: Clear removes the currently selected crossed-out text.
Clear All removes all cross-outs.
To cancel out underlined text using Cross-out Text:
- Click on Underline Text.
- Click and drag the crosshairs icon that appears as the cursor over the crossed-out text.
- The cross-outs are removed.
NOTE: Cross-out Text and Underline Text cannot otherwise be applied together in the same file unless it is to cancel the other one out