The Cross-out tool can be found at the bottom of the Master and Sample panel:
Cross-out allows you to cross out text to be excluded in the inspection. The text is crossed out in red.
- Click the appropriate Cross-out Text icon in either the Master or Sample panel.
- Click and drag the crosshairs icon that appears as the cursor over the text to be excluded in either the Master or Sample panel.
NOTE: Multiple selections can be made.
To apply a cross-out to different portions of a multi-page file:
- Right-click on the crossed-out text.
- In the “Context” menu that appears, select to apply the cross-out to all pages, odd pages, even pages, or identical text elsewhere in the file.
NOTE: Clear removes the currently selected crossed-out text.
Clear All removes all cross-outs.
To cancel out underlined text using Cross-out Text:
- Click on Underline Text.
- Click and drag the crosshairs icon that appears as the cursor over the crossed-out text.
- The cross-outs are removed.
NOTE: Cross-out Text and Underline Text cannot otherwise be applied together in the same file unless it is to cancel the other one out
Underline Text lets you select text to be included in the inspection.
Click Underline Text on the selection toolbar and then click and drag the cursor to select the desired text. The text is underlined in green.
To undo the selection, click the underlined text and select Delete in the menu that appears.
Note: Clear removes the currently selected underlined text. Clear All removes all underlines.
To clear all underlines, cross-outs, or zones in a master or sample file:
- Click the Clear All icon.A message will appear to ask if you want to continue.
- Click Yes.